Dr Neil Oakes
Neil has served the Australasian legal profession since 1989 and has been a director of FMRC for 25+ years.
During this time he has assisted many firms with myriad management challenges. Neil assists firms with strategy and profit growth, partner/director management and profit sharing, key talent management, management structures and succession management. He conducts law firm planning retreats regularly, assisting law firms to plan for and achieve greater success.
Neil oversees the Practice Management Courses in NSW, presents in New Zealand Law Society Practice Management Courses, conducts FMRC workshops and is often invited to present key note addresses at management forums throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Neil’s day to day involvement with the legal profession includes:
- Measurement and maintenance of performance through comparative analysis benchmarking
- Profit improvement
- Presenting key note presentations
- Conducting strategic reviews and chairing strategic planning meetings
- Assisting partnerships to function well
- Assisting firms to manage partner performance
- Assisting firms with various partnership management challenges
- Ascertaining and Implementing strategy focused partner profit sharing arrangements
- Practice management training and development for partners
Neil has degrees in Economics and Financial Management. His Doctorate explored the “Strategic and Behavioural Consequences of Different Profit Sharing Models in Law Firms and the Impact of Sharing Methodologies on Performance, Attrition and Gender Equity”.